Saturday, December 7, 2019 11AM – 4PM
McCarthy Center @ Framingham University
Open to printmaking students in New England, this forum will offer opportunity, inspiration and exposure to young artists. As part of the organizational mission, The Boston Printmakers promotes excellence in printmaking; public knowledge, understanding, and support for printmaking; encourage and support artists working in printmaking.
This Forum is designed to provide a flow of information between artists at varying stages of their careers, and to be a window into the possibilities in and around New England. Please join us!
11-11:15am Welcome and Logistics
11:15-12pm I. Success Stories: Young Printmakers Pursuing Dreams in New England
12-12:45pm Lunch (courtesy of The Boston Printmakers)
12:45-1:45 II. Opportunities: small group and table discussions
- Variety & Departure: New works by Marc Cote, Paul DeRuvo, Christiane Corcelle and more
- What next: Graduate and Residency Programs Tables to visit for information and advice
- Keep on Printing: Internships and Employment Tables to visit for information and opportunities
- Join Retrospectiva es 20/20 (Hindsight is 20/20) Portfolio Planning Session *advance sign up required
- A portfolio will be developed by printmaking students from New England and Puerto Rico for the 2020 Southern Graphics Council Conference in San Juan, April 1-4, 2020.
- The portfolio of 20 prints made by 20 students from Puerto Rico and New England printmaking programs—ten students from each region—will produce an edition of 20 signed portfolios, two of which will be collected by SGC, and the rest will be sold to raise funds for art students in Puerto Rico.
- Theme: Hindsight is 20/20: Knowing the full impact or results aftersomething has happened. Hindsight is often used to describe the fact that it is easy to know the right thing after something has happened, and allows people (us) to learn from mistakes.
- *Sign up in advance if you would like to hear the details of this opportunity and become one of the students in 20/20 the portfolio. Check the box on the Cognito Form
1:45-2:45pm III. OPEN PORTFOLIO *advance sign up required
- Show your work and get feedback from all in attendance!
- Each artist will have a 6-foot table to display prints
- Open Portfolio artists should have 10 prints minimum on display
- Must sign up in advance. Check the box on the Cognito Form
3-4pm IV. Danforth Art Museum: Reception at the Faculty Show with Curator Jessica Roscio
FREE SHUTTLE BUSES will run between 10-10:45am from the Framingham stop on the Framingham/Worcester Commuter Rail to the McCarthy Center at Framingham State University, and return at 4pm.