How to Qualify for Membership
To qualify for membership, an artist’s work must be juried. Either accepted into two juried Boston Printmakers North American Print Biennials OR by submitting an application directly to the Membership Committee. We invite professional printmakers from the U.S., Canada and Mexico to apply for membership. The committee reviews prospective members in spring and fall. To be considered, fill up the form and prepare your images as outlined below. Please submit professional image quality. Quick snap shots with phone will lower your chances to be accepted. If you have questions please contact Membership Coordinator Mary Taylor.
No fee is charged with membership application.
Deadlines are March 30 and September 30 of each year.
Fill up the online Entry Form. Complete and review all entry information carefully before submitting, changes cannot be made once submitted.
How to Submit Your Application for Membership
Please prepare your images and application materials following these instructions.
• 5 professional quality digital images of your work
• File format: JPEG/jpg only
• File dimensions: No smaller than 1600 pixels on the longer side
• File resolution: 72dpi
• File size: 3 MB maximum
• The file name for each image should be your last name, first name, and entry number (e.g., Baker_John_1.jpg, Baker_John_2.jpg).
Please submit images from a cohesive body of work; submitting 5 images with very different stylistic concerns is not helpful for the jury. We want to see a selection of 5 prints with an artistically mature and professional focus.
Notification of acceptance or rejection is sent within 6 weeks of image review.
Once you are a Member/ Annual Dues are $40.
You can pay your $40.00 membership dues through PayPal. Note you do not need to have a Pay-pal account and can use your credit card. You may send a check to: The Boston Printmakers, c/oSandra Cardillo, 1 Lakeview Gardens, Apt. 420, Natick, MA 01760.
Membership entitles you to:
• Free participation in BP member shows – usually mounted every two years. These shows may travel for a certain period, and are shown in excellent venues. We actively seek sales, and many works sell.
• Discount application to the North American Print Biennial
• Annual Scholarship to the Anderson Ranch Arts Center
• Annual Visiting Guest Artist Full Fellowship at Scuola Internazionale di Grafica, Venice, Italy
• Travel abroad with BP – recent sponsored trips: China, Vietnam, Mexico, Iceland, and Poland
• Website listing – a link to your own website if you wish; contact with printmakers throughout the world.
• Listing of accomplishments and announcements of your current exhibitions in Member News, a monthly publication. Send your current news to firstname.lastname@example.org by the first of the month. Please see the members-news-guidelines.
• Facebook and Twitter for Members’ posts, conversation, and collaboration
All members of The Boston Printmakers are welcome at any monthly meeting of the Board. Please email us for meeting dates, time and location. It is the usually the second week of the month.