Water II, Lithograph and Monotype
12 x 15
Development to completion:
1. Idea: Develop a series concerned with this planet’s available drinking water and environment.
2. Development: Represent fragments of man’s attempts to save and to use water for various uses.
3. Techniques used in this print: Monotype and plate lithograph.
4. Layer 1: First layer created by rolling out a thin transparent layer of litho ink on the plate bed, then a light spritzing of lithotine to break up the ink. Wait until the lithotine evaporates. Print. The varied surface references rock surfaces and land forms.
5. Layer 2: Aluminum plate: loosely brushed tusche creating a map of Lake Powell. Select a portion of the large plate for this particular monoprint.
6. Printing: Printed on new Revere Silk by Legion.