Santa Fe, NM
Tumbling Tumbleweed #3, Solar Etching, Solar Relief, Collage, Watercolor
16 x 22
“Tumbling Tumbleweed #3” is a Solar Etching/Solar Relief/Collage/Watercolor process on Rives BFK White, 250gsm and Ogura Lace Paper, natural, and uses Carbonnel and Graphic Chemical tint base extender and inks made in 2008.
Solar Etched Plate
Solar Relief Plate
– Take 2 pieces of BFK:
– Roll acrylic plate with gold tinted ink. Dampen BFK and print. Let dry.
– Ink Solar etched plate with dark brown ink. Redampen BFK and print. Let dry.
– Tint Ogura Lace Paper with peach watercolor. Let dry.
– Roll dark red ink on the relief plate and print using the tinted lace paper.
– Collage the lace paper on one of the two BFK prints. Cut the two prints to the same size and collage them onto a larger piece of BFK running them through the press to adhere using Scotch positionable mounting adhesive.