Tangled, Monotype with Chine Colle
13.5 x 13
1. Attend counseling with husband for 13 months. Get in touch with “issues”.
2. Bevel styrene plates. I used one large and one small square. Make matrix for positioning plate on press bed. Tear paper to appropriate size for work.
3. Cut out paper image of black holes. Apply 3M repositionable mounting adhesive to back side of imagery.
4. Use Akua color intaglio inks, graphite pencil and water soluble crayons to create image on front of small plate. I used brushes and scraping tools as well and Akua Blending Medium to loosen inks for painting. Print on dry Arches 88 paper with etching press.
5. Ink larger plate with Akua ink (yellow ochre) mixed with translucent medium using brayer. I used Q-tips removed some ink too. Place chine collé image face down on plate. Position over first image and print again.
6. Repeat four times until one print finally has the essence of what I was trying to achieve in the first place.