Boston Printmakers Members Scholarship Opportunity – Summer 2017
ANDERSON RANCH ART CENTER
EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE – PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boston Printmakers and Anderson Ranch partner to offer a summer scholarship for a fabulous one-week professional workshop in Printmaking at beautiful Anderson Ranch, in the mountains of Colorado. This is an opportunity to be exposed to new ideas, techniques, and exciting, noted professional printmakers as faculty. (please see www.andersonranch.org). Complete the application form for your chance to attend Anderson Ranch in Summer 2017! The awardee will be chosen by lottery: notification is by Jan.23.
Anderson Ranch Artists Center is in Snowmass, Colorado, near Denver. The Center offers both residencies and advanced workshops in many areas, including wonderful offerings in Printmaking by well-known print artists.
This opportunity is cosponsored by the Boston Printmakers and Anderson Ranch. It covers the tuition costs of the workshop and an additional $500 in cash for unrestricted use by the recipient during the weeklong workshop (this cash grant may be used toward housing costs, food, travel, or materials). Anderson Ranch offers several housing options, the most common being a shared room and bath in their facility with full meal service. Applicants can view the full course descriptions and accommodation information at http://www.andersonranch.org/workshop-types/printmaking or http://www.andersonranch.org/
Applicants are asked to select your preferred workshop (you may indicate two, ranked). The recipient’s actual enrollment will be done directly in consultation with Anderson Ranch. Note: The Ranch may need to change some workshops due to cancellation or other reasons, so final arrangements are made by the applicant directly with Anderson Ranch. Your application to this program constitutes a commitment to accept the grant if chosen, and to participate in the summer workshop. Application receipt deadline: JANUARY 21, 2017. Notification of awardee and runners-up will be by January 23.
The workshops offered for this scholarship are:
- Oil-based & Watercolor Monoprinting: the best of both worlds – R0101-17 June 05 – 09
Instructor(s): Karen Lederer
- Monoprints: stencils, blends & transfers – R0202-17 June 12 – 16
- Lithography: the old, the new & beyond – R0303-17 June 19 – 23
- The Art of the Book: bound monotypes – R0505-17 July 03 – 07
Aurora De Armendi
- Expanded Screen Printing: monoprint, flocking & collage – R0606-17 July 10 – 14
- Healthy Intaglio: a nontoxic approach – R0707-17 July 17 – 21
- Mokuhanga: from traditional to laser-cut imagery – R0808-17 July 24 – 28
- Woodblock Printing: from simple to complex – R0909-17 July 31 – August 4
- New Approaches to Monoprinting: blocks, stencils & the laser cutter – R1010-17 Aug 7 – 11
- Print Composite: tradition & innovation – R1111-17 Aug 14 – 18
- Mokuhanga: Japanese woodblock printmaking – R1212-17 Aug 21 – 25
Hiroki Morinoue and Mike Lyon
- Print Blitz! Alternative methods to screen printing – R1313-17 Aug 28 – Sep 01
- Structure & Invention: monoprint & relief – R1514-17 Sep 11 – 22
In order to apply for this exciting opportunity, please fill out the APPLICATION FORM and send it to be RECEIVED by January 21.
Any questions about the Anderson Ranch Printmaking Program or facilities should be directed to Anderson Ranch.
HOW TO APPLY:
NOTE YOU MUST BE A CURRENT PAID-UP MEMBER.
1. Review the website http://www.andersonranch.org/workshop-types/printmaking or http://www.andersonranch.org/ and check out your calendar, then choose your preferred workshop(s)
2. Fill out the application form – KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
3. Check your Boston Printmakers membership status – you must be a PAID-UP 2017 member.
4. RETURN APPLICATION RECEIVED BY JANUARY 21
Notification on Jan. 23.